Re: BAKUP ISSUE

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ramesh T <rameshparnanditech(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BAKUP ISSUE
Date: 2014-07-09 12:53:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

First - do not take the messages off list. Someone else might be able to
help you if you'll mail to the list, I'm not always there, and others might
have better ideas.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Ramesh T <rameshparnanditech(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> i rune problem is when i run the pg_stop_backup() its return error in
> this way
>
> postgres=# select pg_stop_backup();
>

> *NOTICE: pg_stop_backup cleanup done, waiting for required WAL segments
> to be ar*
> *chived*
> *WARNING: pg_stop_backup still waiting for all required WAL segments to
> be archi*
> *ved (60 seconds elapsed)*
> *HINT: Check that your archive_command is executing properly.
> pg_stop_backup ca*
> *n be canceled safely, but the database backup will not be usable without
> all the*
> * WAL segments.*

But there is no ERROR?! What error are you talking about?

This is just notice and a warning.

> i changed in postgresql.conf to archive_command = 'copy "%p" "C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\ramesh %f"' still working same error return..

What error? So far you didn't show any.

Is the archiving working? Are there files in c:\program
files\postgresql\ramesh ?
If not, what does pg logs say about archiving? Any errors there?

depesz