Re: Role Attribute Bitmask Catalog Representation

From: Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Role Attribute Bitmask Catalog Representation
Date: 2014-12-08 03:34:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael,

This patch (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1616)
> has not been updated in the commitfest app for two months, making its
> progress hard to track.

I believe that the mentioned patch should be considered 'on hold' or
'dependent' upon the acceptance of the work that is being done in this
thread.

Also, the changes proposed by this thread have already been added to the
next commitfest (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1651
).

However, even if some progress has been made
> things are still not complete (documentation, etc.). Opinions about
> marking that as returned with feedback for the current commit fest and
> create a new entry for the next CF if this work is going to be
> pursued?

I guess that it would be fine simply move it to the next CF, but it
> seems I cannot do that myself in the CF app.

This work will certainly continue to be pursued. If a simple move is
possible/acceptable, then I think that would be the best option. I can
handle that as it would appear that I am capable of moving it, if that is
acceptable.

Thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Brightwell - adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com
Database Engineer - www.crunchydatasolutions.com