Re: psql: display of object comments

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql: display of object comments
Date: 2011-08-05 23:25:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I guess my vote is to make the SQL/MED stuff show the description only
> in verbose mode, and always at the end; and revise what we did with
> \dL to put the description at the end even in verbose mode.

Yeah, that sounds fine to me. I've revised the residual patch to do
so, as well as incorporated your earlier suggestion about having \dD
and \dc only display descriptions in verbose-mode.

I did more testing, and found and fixed some brokenness related to
d.objsubid I had introduced into the listConversions() query, as well
as improved the version checking in objectDescription(). Updated patch
attached.

Josh

Attachment Content-Type Size
describe_comments.v4f.residual.patch application/octet-stream 69.1 KB