Re: Exposing currentTransactionWALVolume

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Exposing currentTransactionWALVolume
Date: 2014-01-31 13:56:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:12 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Short patch to expose a function GetCurrentTransactionWALVolume() that
> gives the total number of bytes written to WAL by current transaction.

Could you tell me the use case of this function? ISTM that it's less
useful in the real
world because it reports the information of WAL generated only in my own current
transaction. For example, the monitoring tool cannot see that
information because
it's the different session from the target.

Fujii Masao