Re: comment for "fast promote"

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomonari Katsumata <t(dot)katsumata1122(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomonari Katsumata <katsumata(dot)tomonari(at)po(dot)ntts(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: comment for "fast promote"
Date: 2013-08-05 18:32:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Tomonari Katsumata
<t(dot)katsumata1122(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a patch for REL9_3_STABLE which gets rid of
> old promote processing. please check it.
> This patch make PostgreSQL do fast promoting(*) always.
> (*) which means skipping long checkpoint before increasing
> timeline.

Thanks for the patch!

I fixed the bug that your patch accidentally makes archive recovery
skip end-of-recovery checkpoint, fixed some typos, refactored the
source code and posted the updated version of the patch in
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHGQGwGYkF+CvpOMdxaO=+aNAzc1Oo9O4LqWo50MxpvFj+0VOw@mail.gmail.com

Fujii Masao