Re: Slow queries after vacuum analyze

From: Ghislain ROUVIGNAC <ghr(at)sylob(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)mail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow queries after vacuum analyze
Date: 2012-12-21 10:48:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello Kevin,

I solved the issue.
I reproduced it immediatly after installing PostgreSQL 8.4.1.
I thougth they were using PostgreSQL 8.4.8 but was never able to reproduce
it with that version.
So something was changed related to my problem, but i didn't see explicitly
what in the change notes.
Nevermind.

You wrote:

> I would leave default_statistics_target alone unless you see a lot of
> estimates which are off by more than an order of magnitude. Even then, it
> is often better to set a higher value for a few individual columns than for
> everything.

We had an issue with a customer where we had to increase the statistics
parameter for a primary key.
So I'd like to know if there is a way to identify for which column we have
to change the statistics.

*Ghislain ROUVIGNAC*