Re: is it bug? - printing boolean domains in sql/xml function

From: Szymon Guz <mabewlun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: is it bug? - printing boolean domains in sql/xml function
Date: 2013-06-24 21:09:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14 March 2013 03:45, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 08:35 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > in this use case I am think so some regression test is important - It
> > should not be mine, but missing more explicit regression test is
> > reason, why this bug was not detected some years.
>
> I've added the tests.
>

> --

Hi,
how should I apply the patch from fix-xmlmap.patch? I've run out of ideas.

When I run it normally, I get:

$ patch --verbose --dry-run -p1 < fix-xmlmap.patch
Hmm...(Fascinating -- this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
Looks like a context diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|*** a/src/backend/utils/adt/xml.c
|--- b/src/backend/utils/adt/xml.c
--------------------------
Patching file src/backend/utils/adt/xml.c using Plan A...
(Fascinating -- this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2002 with fuzz 2 (offset 1 line).
Hmm...(Fascinating -- this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
The next patch looks like a context diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|*** a/src/test/regress/expected/xmlmap.out
|--- b/src/test/regress/expected/xmlmap.out
--------------------------
Patching file src/test/regress/expected/xmlmap.out using Plan A...
(Fascinating -- this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
Hmm...(Fascinating -- this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
The next patch looks like a context diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|*** a/src/test/regress/sql/xmlmap.sql
|--- b/src/test/regress/sql/xmlmap.sql
--------------------------
Patching file src/test/regress/sql/xmlmap.sql using Plan A...
(Fascinating -- this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
Hunk #1 FAILED at 39.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/test/regress/sql/xmlmap.sql.rej
done

thanks,
Szymon