Re: Built-in binning functions

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Built-in binning functions
Date: 2014-09-04 19:16:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I did a review of last patch

1. There is no problem with patching
2. compilation and doc compilation without warnings and issues.
3. code is clean, respects Postgres coding rules and is well documented -
it is slightly modified Tom's version with float8 optimization
4. The name with_bucket is probably one with wide agreement
5. There are a basic set of tests for muttable or fixed sized types

I found only one issue - float8 path has no own test in regress tests. When
this issue will be fixed, I will mark this patch as ready for commit

Regards

Pavel