Re: CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dickson S(dot) Guedes" <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, david(at)justatheory(dot)com
Subject: Re: CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS
Date: 2012-08-28 15:19:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2012/8/27 Dickson S. Guedes <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net>

> [...]
>
> Two questions:
>
> - Should this patch implements others INEs like ADD COLUMN IF NOT EXISTS?

If this feature is important I believe we must implement it.

Exists several "CREATE" statements without "IF NOT EXISTS" option too, so
we can discuss more about it and I can implement it in this patch or in
another.

> - Should pg_dump or pg_restore support some kind of flag to use a
> CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS ... instead CREATE SCHEMA ...?

I can't imagine a use case for this feature... can you explain more about
your idea?

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL