Patch to add support of "IF NOT EXISTS" to others "CREATE" statements

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch to add support of "IF NOT EXISTS" to others "CREATE" statements
Date: 2013-05-24 15:22:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I working in a patch to include support of "IF NOT EXISTS" into "CREATE"
statements that not have it yet.

I started with "DefineStmt" section from "src/backend/parser/gram.y":
- CREATE AGGREGATE [ IF NOT EXISTS ] ...
- CREATE OPERATOR [ IF NOT EXISTS ] ...
- CREATE TYPE [ IF NOT EXISTS ] ... [AS [{ENUM | RANGE}] (...)]
- CREATE TEXT SEARCH {PARSER | DITIONARY | TEMPLATE | CONFIGURATION} [ IF
NOT EXISTS ] ...
- CREATE COLLATION [ IF NOT EXISTS ] ...

My intention is cover anothers CREATE statements too, not just the above.

If has no objection about this implementation I'll finish him and soon I
sent the patch.

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL