Re: Index-only scans for GIST

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Index-only scans for GIST
Date: 2014-08-01 16:25:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Support_for_Index-only_scans_for_GIST_GSoC_2014

> Repository is
> https://github.com/lubennikovaav/postgres/tree/indexonlygist2
> Patch is in attachments.
>
> It includes index-only scans for multicolumn GIST and new regression test.
> Fetch() method is realized for box and point opclasses.
>
> Documentation is not updated yet, but I'm going to do it till the end of
GSoC.

> I've got one question about query with OR condition. It is the last query
in regression test "gist_indexonly". It doesn't fail but it doensn't use
index-only scans. Could someone explain to me how it works?
> It seems to depend on build_paths_for_OR function. But I couldn't
understand how.

Very nice... please add your patch to the next commit fest [1].

Regards,

[1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=23

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello