Re: Add a filed to PageHeaderData

From: Soroosh Sardari <soroosh(dot)sardari(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add a filed to PageHeaderData
Date: 2014-06-24 10:53:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com> wrote:

> Soroosh Sardari <soroosh(dot)sardari(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > I check this problem with a virgin source code of
> > postgresql-9.3.2. So the bug is not for my codes.
>
> > By the way, following code has two different output and it is
> > weird.
>
> I can confirm that I see the difference in 9.3.2, and that I don't
> see the difference in 9.3.4. Upgrade.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
>
> There's really no point in reporting a possible bug on a version
> with known bugs which have already had fixes published.
>
> --
> Kevin Grittner
> EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

wow, it's arch-dependent.
in the 32-bit compiled of PG9.3.2 the code has same output and in 64-bit
binary of same code output is different!!

The problem is not about the sql code I posted in the last email. Problem
could be different in any architecture,
In 32-bit or 64-bit architecture adding a char array of length 20 to
PageHeaderData cause error in regression test.

Regards,
Soroosh