Re: Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used
Date: 2013-02-28 15:01:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 28 February 2013 11:25, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> Umm. sorry,
>
>> If you have no problem with this, I'll send this to committer.
>
> I just found that this patch already has a revewer. I've seen
> only Status field in patch list..
>
> Should I leave this to you, Dean?

Sorry, I've been meaning to review this properly for some time, but
I've been swamped with other work, so I'm happy for you to take over.

My overall impression is that the patch is in good shape, and provides
valuable new functionality, and it is probably close to being ready
for committer.

I think that the only other behavioural glitch I spotted was that it
fails to catch one overflow case, which should generate an "out of
ranger" error:

select format('|%*s|', -2147483648, 'foo');
Result: |foo|

because -(-2147483648) = 0 in signed 32-bit integers.

Apart from that, I didn't find any problems during my testing.

Thanks for your review.

Regards,
Dean