Re: API change advice: Passing plan invalidation info from the rewriter into the planner?

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Yeb Havinga <yeb(dot)havinga(at)portavita(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: API change advice: Passing plan invalidation info from the rewriter into the planner?
Date: 2014-06-24 21:18:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thinking about the examples upthread, a separate issue occurs to me
--- when defining a RLS qual, I think that there has to be a syntax to
specify an alias for the main table, so that correlated subqueries can
refer to it. I'm not sure if that's been mentioned in any of the
discussions so far, but it might be quite hard to define certain quals
without it.

Regards,
Dean