Re: WITH CHECK OPTION for auto-updatable views

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WITH CHECK OPTION for auto-updatable views
Date: 2013-07-05 10:59:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5 July 2013 07:02, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I try to check this patch
>
> I have a problem with initdb after patching
>
> error
>
> initializing dependencies ... ok
> creating system views ... FATAL: WITH CHECK OPTION is supported only
> on auto-updatable views
> STATEMENT: /*
>

> I found missing initialization (strange, gcc doesn't raise warnings :( )
>
> + bool check_option;
> + bool security_barrier;

Ah, good catch. I was being careless there.

It turns out that although I compile with -Wall which implies
-Wuninitialized and -Wmaybe-uninitialized, those warnings are only
supported in optimised builds, which is why I didn't see it. So I've
learned something new today: always do an optimised build as well
during development.

Will fix. Thanks.

Regards,
Dean