Re: The pgrminclude problem

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The pgrminclude problem
Date: 2012-08-16 16:17:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 16 August 2012 16:56, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Good to know. We only use pgrminclude very five years or so, and Tom
> isn't even keen on that.

Yeah. Even if this could be made to work well, we'd still have to do
something like get an absolute consensus from all build farm animals,
if we expected to have an absolutely trustworthy list. I don't think
pgrminclude is a bad idea. I just think that it should only be used to
guide the efforts of a human to remove superfluous #includes, which is
how it is used anyway.

--
Peter Geoghegan http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/