Re: enhanced error fields

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: enhanced error fields
Date: 2012-10-24 23:20:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 24 October 2012 23:29, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>> Let me know if you think that that's a good idea.
>
> I guess you didn't get around to it.

I did get some work on this done, which does change things somewhat.
In particular, I think that the need to have so many new fields is
questionable, and so have removed some. I will get around to this, and
will incorporate those ideas.

The errrel() calls with index relations are not sane, but that's just
an oversight. The next revision will actually do this:

+ Assert(table->rd_rel->relkind == RELKIND_RELATION);

--
Peter Geoghegan http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/