Re: Add some regression tests for SEQUENCE

From: robins <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add some regression tests for SEQUENCE
Date: 2013-03-15 20:33:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've added some regression tests for SEQUENCE. A cumulative patch is
attached.

Barring a (still to decipher) function seq_redo() and trying to learn how
to actually test it, this takes care of most branches of (
src/backend/commands/sequence.c) taking code-coverage (of 'make check') to
~95%.

Any feedback is more than welcome.
--
Robins
Tharakan

On 13 March 2013 15:41, robins <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks Laurenz.
>
> Would correct these (and readup) before submitting next patch.
>
> --
> Robins
> Tharakan
>

> On 13 March 2013 13:49, Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at> wrote:
>
>> robins wrote:
>> > Attached is a small patch to test corner cases related to Sequences
>> (basically aimed at increasing
>> > code-coverage of sequence.sql in regression tests).
>> >
>> > Look forward to any and all feedback.
>>
>> Looks ok except that the patch is backwards
>> (all added lines start with "-"). I found a typo:
>> "exit" instead of "exist".
>>
>> You should add the patch to the next commitfest
>> (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch).
>>
>> Yours,
>> Laurenz Albe

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress-sequence.patch application/octet-stream 15.3 KB