Reattempt download when fetch gets a 301 - during Registration

From: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Reattempt download when fetch gets a 301 - during Registration
Date: 2014-11-08 17:31:45
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Attached is a small patch that re-attempts a download when the first fetch
attempt during new Feed Registration gets a 301.

The use-case was when I was trying to register my blog for Planet, I got a
abc.blogspot.com feed URL whereas, in reality it was redirecting to abc.com
URL instead (because I had configured BlogSpot to do so).

So although abc.blogspot.com was working on a browser (since it redirects
on a 301) the Feed registration page failed with a 'Internal Server Error:
Attempt to download blog feed returned status 301'.

I think this is a recoverable error, and so the patch.

NB: Am (very) new to Python, so apologies for some obvious misses.

--
Robins Tharakan

Attachment Content-Type Size
reattempt_at_301.patch text/x-patch 620 bytes