Re: BUG #7661: pgstattuple from unpackaged fails on old installation

From: Stuart Bishop <stuart(at)stuartbishop(dot)net>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7661: pgstattuple from unpackaged fails on old installation
Date: 2012-11-15 07:32:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>> The pgstattuple upgrade from unpackaged script expects the pgstatindex
>> function to exist, but it does not on particularly old databases (My
>> pgstattuple originally installed with 8.3 or 8.4?).

pg_relpages(text) was missing too.

> That's a known issue with several of the extensions. You need to upgrade
> the contrib module install to the current version, *then* wrap the
> unpackaged contrib module into an extension with "FROM UNPACKAGED".

Yeah, just thought I'd stick it in the... umm... bugtracker, as so far
'FROM unpackaged' has failed in 66% of up updates. Is the real
solution is for the foo--unpackaged--1.0.sql script to recreate
missing objects before adding them to the extension?

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart(at)stuartbishop(dot)net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/