hardware donation

From: Benedikt Grundmann <bgrundmann(at)janestreet(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-Dev <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: hardware donation
Date: 2013-07-10 16:53:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jane Street has a spare server we would like to donate to the postgres
community. We originally planed to use it for one of our database clusters
and it matches exactly what we use in production at the moment.

Rough specs:
CPU: 8x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570 @ 2.93GHz
MEM: 48GB

The server will probably be most interesting for the disks in it. That is
where we spend the largest amount of time optimizing (for sequential scan
speed in particular):

22x600GB disks in a Raid6+0 (Raid0 of 2x 10disk raid 6 arrays) + 2 spare
disks. Overall size 8.7 TB in that configuration.

Is this something the community would find useful? If so, who is the right
person to talk to about shipping/delivery?

Cheers,

Bene