Re: My first patch! (to \df output)

From: Phil Sorber <phil(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Jon Erdman <postgresql(at)thewickedtribe(dot)net>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: My first patch! (to \df output)
Date: 2013-01-18 23:51:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> * Jon Erdman (postgresql(at)thewickedtribe(dot)net) wrote:
>> Oops! Here it is in the proper diff format. I didn't have my env set up correctly :(
>
> No biggie, and to get the bike-shedding started, I don't really like the
> column name or the values.. :) I feel like something clearer would be
> "Runs_As" with "caller" or "owner".. Saying "Security" makes me think
> of ACLs more than what user ID the function runs as, to be honest.
>
> Looking at the actual patch itself, it looks like you have some
> unecessary whitespace changes included..?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Stephen

Stephen, I think Jon's column name and values make a lot of sense.
That being said, I do agree with your point of making it clearer for
the person viewing the output, I just don't know if it would be
confusing when they wanted to change it or were trying to understand
how it related.

Agree on the extra spaces in the docs.

Jon, I think you inserted your changes improperly in the docs. The
classifications apply to the type, not to security.

Also, you need to use the %s place holder and the gettext_noop() call
for your values as well as your column name.

Compiles and tests ok. Results look as expected.