BUG #10680 - ldapbindpasswd leaks to postgresql log

From: Steven Siebert <smsiebe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #10680 - ldapbindpasswd leaks to postgresql log
Date: 2014-06-18 01:33:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Attached is a proposed patch for BUG #10680.

It's a simple fix to the problem of the ldapbindpasswd leaking in
clear text to the postgresql log. The patch simply removes the raw
pg_hba.conf line from the log message, but retains the log line number
to assist admins in troubleshooting.

The patch is against the master branch and compiles/tests green.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get this worked
into the next (or perhaps current?) commit fest. This is a critical
issue for us to meet government accreditation (security) requirements.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachment Content-Type Size
bug_10680_v1.patch application/octet-stream 552 bytes