Re: Is pg_basebackup also for "regular" backups?

From: Thomas Endres <endres(dot)thomas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is pg_basebackup also for "regular" backups?
Date: 2012-10-15 21:38:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Take a look at the -x option - this solved an issue for me.
Quoting from 9.1:
"Includes the required transaction log files (WAL files) in the
backup. This will include all transaction logs generated during the
backup. If this option is specified, it is possible to start a
postmaster directly in the extracted directory without the need to
consult the log archive, thus making this a completely standalone
backup."

-tom