wal_buffers = -1

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: wal_buffers = -1
Date: 2014-01-17 13:01:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there any real use-case for not setting wal_buffers to -1 these days?

Or should we just remove it and use the -1 behaviour at all times?

IIRC we discussed not keeping it at all when the autotune behavior was
introduced, but said we wanted to keep it "just in case". If we're not
ready to remove it, then does that just mean that we need to fix it so we
can?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/