Re: Autentication exceptions in pgsql 8.3

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Prakash, Deepthi (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <deepthi(dot)prakash(at)nsn(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autentication exceptions in pgsql 8.3
Date: 2011-10-24 07:59:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday, October 24, 2011, Prakash, Deepthi (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:

> **
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using Postgresql 8.3, I am getting the below authentication exceptions.I am not able to connect
> using postgres://mpp:mpp(at)localhost/mpp
>
> LOG: provided username (mpp) and authenticated username
> ([U2FsdGVkX1/4XrEZ3dfREbh66kqWj66oEZjvotlVtqo=]) don't match
>
> FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "mpp"
>
> LOG: provided username (mpp) and authenticated username
> ([U2FsdGVkX19aYlj8eW0BPmAZ4Loziuy64Urcd4ZhMOg=]) don't match

This indicate that your auth server returned userid
"[U2FsdGVkX19aYlj8eW0BPmAZ4Loziuy64Urcd4ZhMOg=]",
which is obviously incorrect. Are you by any chance running with some sort
of encryption/hashing in the ident server? That's not supported with
PostgreSQL.

If not that, then I'm not sure exactly what it could be - but it's obvious
that your ident server is reporting an incorrect username, so you'll need to
investigate that one.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/