Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date: 2013-12-08 11:08:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 3:41 AM, MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
>
> I've removed a limitation regarding event log on Windows with the attached
>> patch. I hesitate to admit this is a bug fix and want to regard this an
>> improvement, but maybe it's a bug fix from users' perspective. Actually,
>> received problem reports from some users.
>>

> I've done a small correction. I removed redundant default value from the
> pg_ctl.c.

Not having looked at it in detail yet, but this seems to completely remove
the default value. What happens if the error that needs to be logged is the
one saying that it couldn't exec postgres to find out the value in the
config file? AFAICT it's going to try to register an eventsource with
whatever random garbage happens to be in the variable.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/