Re: New CF app deployment

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New CF app deployment
Date: 2015-02-15 16:36:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
> wrote:
> > Ok, I've pushed an attempt at doing this.
> >
> > For each mailthread, you can now create annotations. Each annotation is
> > connected to a mail in the thread, and has a free text comment field. The
> > message will then automatically be "highlighted" out of the archives and
> > direct link to the message include, alongside the text comment.
> >
> > I *think* this is approximately what people wanted, so let's give it a
> shot.
> > If you have a chance, please test it out and comment as soon as you can
> - if
> > I'm completely off track with how it's done, we should back it out and
> try a
> > different way before we start putting actual valuable data into it, so we
> > don't end up with multiple different ways of doing it in the end...
>
> Hmm. This kind of looks like the right idea, but it's hard to use,
> because all you've got to work with is the subject of the message
> (which is the same for all), the time it was sent, and the author. In
> the old system, you could look at the message in the archives and then
> copy-and-paste in the message ID. That's obviously a bit manual, but
> it worked.

Hmm. Agreed, I think my test-thread was just too short to do that.

I've added a box where you can copy/paste the messageid. Back to the
manual, but it works.

> I suppose what would be really spiffy is if the integration of the
> archives and the CF app could be such that you could see the whole
> message and then click "annotate this message".

That would be quite spiffy. A bit more work though, so that will have to go
on the longer term todo :)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/