New CF app deployment

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: New CF app deployment
Date: 2015-01-13 05:35:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

Last I said something about the new CF app I said I was planning to deploy
it over the holidays, and that clearly did not happen.

But I've been talking to Michael, as the current cf-chief, and doing some
further testing with it, and we think now is a good time to go for it :) As
the plan is to close out the current CF just a few days from now, we're
going to use that and try to swap it out when traffic is at least at it's
lowest (even if we're well aware it's not going to be zero).

So based on this, we plan to:

In the late evening on Jan 19th (evening European time that is), I will
make the current CF app readonly, and move it to a new url where it will
remain available for the foreseeable future (we have a lot of useful data
in it after all).

Once this is done, Michael (primarily) will start working on syncing up the
information about the latest patches into the new app. Much info is already
synced there, but to make sure all the latest changes are included.

In the morning European time on the 20th, I'll take over and try to finish
up what's left. And sometime during the day when things are properly in
sync, we'll open up the new app for business to all users.

There are surely some bugs remaining in the system, so please have some
oversight with that over the coming days/weeks. I'll try to get onto fixing
them as soon as I can - and some others can look at that as well if it's
something critical at least.

Further status updates to come as we start working on it...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/