Re: Possible bug in cascaded standby

From: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Possible bug in cascaded standby
Date: 2013-06-06 05:00:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I was not able to reproduce the problem. Maybe this is the timing problem.

Hmm. I can't reproduce this on my Ubuntu box either. I will retry on the
Mac machine in the evening. Surprisingly, I could reproduce it very easily
on that box. What I'd observed is that the walreceiver on the cascaded
standby is stuck at walreceiver.c:447, which in turn is waiting infinitely
at libpqwalreceiver.c:501 i.e. PQgetResult() call.

I'll retry and report back if I see the problem on the offending platform.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee