Re: WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - Postgres 9.1

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mathieu Guerin <mathieu(dot)guerin64(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - Postgres 9.1
Date: 2013-05-23 22:55:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Mathieu Guerin
<mathieu(dot)guerin64(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> What are the consequences ? Because this file will be remove if the server
> reboot.

Those temporary statistics are stored in global directory when server shuts
down, so the risk here would be to lose a portion of this data in the case
of a crash, either at PG or at OS level.

> If we change the parameter stats_temp_directory is it necessary to reboot
> the server ?

No, sending SIGHUP to the server is enough.

> When I lauch a SHOW ALL; command, the parameter stats_temp_director is
> not here.

You should get it...
stats_temp_directory |
pg_stat_tmp | Writes temporary
statistics files to the specified directory.
--
Michael