Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA
Date: 2014-12-09 23:31:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 1:37 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> > OK. Perhaps that's not worth mentioning in the release notes, but some
>> > users may be used to the old behavior. What about the other issues
>> > (regression test for permissions incorrect and matviews)?
>> Here is in any case an updated patch to fix all those things rebased
>> on latest HEAD (ae4e688).
>>

> The patch is fine:
> - No compiler warnings
> - Added properly regressions tests and run ok
>
> There are no changes in the docs. Maybe we can mention matviews on REINDEX
> SCHEMA docs, what do you think?
Current documentation tells that all the indexes in schema are
reindexed, only matviews and relations can have one, so that's
implicitly specified IMO. If in the future we add support for another
relkind and that it can have indexes, we won't need to update the docs
as well.
--
Michael