Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5)

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5)
Date: 2014-08-13 08:07:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Michael Paquier
> Yes indeed. As XLogBeginInsert() is already part of xlogconstruct.c,
> it is not weird. This approach has the merit to make XLogRecData
> completely bundled with the insertion and construction of the WAL
> records. Then for the name xloginsert.c is fine for me too.
At the same time, renaming XLogInsert to XLogCompleteInsert or
XLogFinishInsert would be nice to make the difference with
XLogBeginInsert. This could include XLogCancel renamed tos
XLogCancelInsert.

Appending the prefix XLogInsert* to those functions would make things
more consistent as well.

But feel free to discard those ideas if you do not like that.
Michael