Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds
Date: 2014-04-24 11:31:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> Quite possibly so - in which case that's probably what should be fixed,
> rather than adding manual calls all over the place.
> It does have it for pgevent.dll, btw - that's the one that also uses
> PGFILESHLIB which would have to be set properly for anything else that's a
> DLL.
OK, fine for me. Including the makefiles of PL languages and of all
the other modules, there would be smth like 30~40 files touched, a
number pretty high for a change that should be back-patched IMO as it
impacts existing versions (I'd actually need the fix for 9.3
precisely, or I would have to go with a hack similar to what I posted
earlier)...

>> > Then it will be consistent between mingw and msvc, which your patch
>> > isn't, I
>> > believe?
>> There is no reference in the source code to mingw. Am I missing smth?
>

> mingw builds using the Makefiles, not the "perl based custom build system".
> In particular, the PGFILEDESC stuff s in makefiles/Makefile.win32. (Also
> PGFILESHLIB)
Oh OK. I'll try to get a clean patch following those lines. There is
as well the AddDir call for contrib/ to add...

Michael