Re: Future of our regular expression code

From: Billy Earney <billy(dot)earney(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Future of our regular expression code
Date: 2012-02-20 00:32:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

I did a google search, and found the following:
http://www.arglist.com/regex/

Which states that Tcl uses the same library from Henry. Maybe someone
involved with that project would help explain the library? Also I noticed
at the url above is a few ports people did from Henry's code. I didn't
download and analyze their code, but maybe they have made some comments
that could help, or maybe have some improvements to the code..

Just a thought.. :)

Billy Earney