Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format

From: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, firoz e v <firoz(dot)ev(at)huawei(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format
Date: 2014-02-21 22:18:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I think this thread deserves more attention:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAZKuFaJUfdDFp1_vGHbDfYRu0Sj6mSOVvKRp87aCQ53ov6iwA@mail.gmail.com

(I wrote that mail)

I'm still in interested in this idea and haven't found a good reason
to rescind the general thinking there.

Some of my colleagues are thinking along similar lines outside the
Postgres context. They seem happy with how that is shaping up.

So, if there is some will for revival, that would be grand.