Re: Move unused buffers to freelist

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jason Petersen <jason(at)citusdata(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Gregory <gregoryv(at)zils(dot)esselgroup(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Move unused buffers to freelist
Date: 2014-02-08 04:11:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Jason Petersen <jason(at)citusdata(dot)com> wrote:
> Bump.
>
> I'm interested in many of the issues that were discussed in this thread. Was this patch ever wrapped up (I can't find it in any CF), or did this thread die off?

This and variant of this patch have been discussed multiple times, some
of the CF entries are as below:

Recent

Previous

The main thing about this idea is to arrive with tests/scenario's where we can
show the benefit of this patch. I didn't get time during 9.4 to work
on this again,
but might work on it in next version, if you could help with some scenarios/test
where this patch can show benefit, it would be really good.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.