Re: Streaming Replication woes

From: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sean Patronis <spatronis(at)add123(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Streaming Replication woes
Date: 2011-11-04 14:56:17
Lists: pgsql-general

*
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Sean Patronis <spatronis(at)add123(dot)com> wrote:

> I am running Postgres 9.1
>
> I have followed the howto here:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication
>
> I am attempting to replicate an existing database.
>
> On the Master, I get the following error in the postgres log file:
>
> FATAL: must be replication role to start walsender

On the slave I get this:
> FATAL: could not connect to the primary server: FATAL: must be
> replication role to start walsender
>
> I have googled both of those log entries to no avail.
>
> note that the sender process on the master is not running.
>
> What simple step am I missing?

Step 3 from wiki. and reload PG-instance

- *3.* Set up connections and authentication so that the standby server
can successfully connect to the *replication* pseudo-database on the
primary.

$ $EDITOR postgresql.conf

listen_addresses = '192.168.0.10'

$ $EDITOR pg_hba.conf

# The standby server must have superuser access privileges.
host replication postgres 192.168.0.20/22 trust

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation