Re: Streaming replication on 9.1-beta2 after pg_restore is very slow

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: David Hartveld <David(dot)Hartveld(at)mendix(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication on 9.1-beta2 after pg_restore is very slow
Date: 2011-07-06 23:07:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM, David Hartveld
<David(dot)Hartveld(at)mendix(dot)com> wrote:

> Is there possibly a known issue with the beta, or do I have to configure my
> cluster differently for 9.1?

Thanks for trying 9.1beta

No known bugs, no differences in configuration.

You haven't enabled any of the new 9.1 features either so they aren't
likely to be at issue.

So there's something pretty badly screwed up somewhere, though that
looks like pilot error at the moment, sorry.

I'd suggest starting again and see if you can get a reproduceable bug.
I'd be very grateful if you can narrow things down to produce a tight
bug report.