Re: Combining Aggregates

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Combining Aggregates
Date: 2014-12-17 20:46:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 17 December 2014 at 19:06, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Standalone calls to the combine/merge functions I don't think would be
> testing anything new.

Guess its a simple enough API, doesn't really need a specific test.

> That's the reason I thought it wasn't really acceptable until we have a use
> for this. That's why I posted on the thread about parallel seqscan. I hoped
> that Amit could add something which needed it and I could get it committed
> that way.

My view is that its infrastructure to cover a variety of possibilities.

It's best if if it goes in with enough time to get some user cases
soon. If not, its there at the start of the cycle for next release.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/