Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Date: 2011-10-10 21:37:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>> Tatsuo/Josh/Robert also discussed how recovery.conf can be used to
>> provide parameters solely for recovery. That is difficult to do
>> without causing all downstream tools to make major changes in the ways
>> they supply parameters.
>
> Actually, this case is easily solved by an "include recovery.conf"
> parameter.  So it's a non-issue.

That is what I've suggested and yes, doing that is straightforward.

If you mean "do that in a program" if we had a problem with adding
parameters, we also have a problem adding an include.

We should avoid breaking programs which we have no reason to break.
Stability is good, change without purpose is not.