Re: Future of our regular expression code

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Future of our regular expression code
Date: 2012-02-18 18:34:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> So I'm feeling that we gotta suck it up and start acting like we are
> the lead maintainers for this code, not just consumers.

By "we", I take it you mean you personally?

There are many requests I might make for allocations of your time and
that wouldn't even be a lower priority item on such a list. Of course,
your time allocation is not my affair, so please take my words as a
suggestion and a compliment.

Do we have volunteers that might save Tom from taking on this task?
It's not something that requires too much knowledge and experience of
PostgreSQL, so is an easier task for a newcomer.