Re: [v9.2] Object access hooks with arguments support (v1)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.2] Object access hooks with arguments support (v1)
Date: 2011-11-08 17:15:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
> If sepgsql would apply permission checks db_procedure:{install} on the
> OAT_POST_CREATE hook based on the funcion-oid within new entry of
> system catalog, we can relocate OAT_PREP_CREATE hook more conceptually
> right place, such as just after the pg_namespace_aclcheck() of DefineType().
> On the other hand, we may need to answer why these information are NOT
> delivered on the OAT_PREP_CREATE hook without knowledge of sepgsql
> internal.

I'm having a hard time understanding this.

Can you strip this patch down so it just applies to a single object
type (tables, maybe, or functions, or whatever you like) and then
submit the corresponding sepgsql changes with it? Just as a demo
patch, so I can understand where you're trying to go with this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company