Re: Avoid index rebuilds for no-rewrite ALTER TABLE ALTER TYPE

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Avoid index rebuilds for no-rewrite ALTER TABLE ALTER TYPE
Date: 2011-07-07 18:43:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Noah Misch <noah(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Drat; fixed in this version.  My local branches contain a large test battery
> that I filter out of the diff before posting.  This time, that filter also
> removed an essential part of the patch.

OK, I'm pretty happy with this version, with the following minor caveats:

1. I still think the documentation changes could use some
word-smithing. If I end up being the one who commits this, I'll take
a look at that as part of the commit.

2. I think it would be helpful to add a comment explaining why
CheckIndexCompatible() is calling

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company