Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE
Date: 2013-07-15 03:12:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> Or maybe just invent a magic result file name such as "none" or
> "do_not_run".
>
> I'm not keen to have us build up a large patchwork of regression tests that
> run on some platforms and not on others, though.

Me, neither. But I don't really see a plausible alternative in this
particular case, since we're trying to test a feature that only works
in the presence of specific platform support. I don't think that
having no buildfarm testing of collation support is better.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company