Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Date: 2011-11-02 18:54:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Is anyone working on SET PERSISTENT?  I thought that got bike-shedded to
> death.

I think we had a fairly good sketch of how it could work mapped out,
mostly based around adding a postgresql.auto file. I could dig up the
old discussions, if need be.

Basically, I'd be willing to get that implemented and bull it through
to completion in time for 9.2 if having that would make it easier for
everyone to accept the idea of turning the recovery.conf parameters
into GUCs. Otherwise I probably will not get to it this cycle.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company