EnterpriseDB Job Posting

From: Eric Meyer <eric(dot)meyer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EnterpriseDB Job Posting
Date: 2019-05-06 12:47:51
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello

My name is Eric Meyer and I am the in-house corporate recruiter for
EnterpriseDB. We are looking for two US based Sr. Postgres Consultants

Job Description Link = https://www.enterprisedb.com/careers/positions

Please apply directly online or email me at eric(dot)meyer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com

Thanks
Eric

Senior Postgres Database Consultant(Remote w/ travel)

Willing to let right candidate work out of a home office anywhere in the US
with practical access to air travel.

*Position Summary:*

PostgreSQL is a rapidly growing open source database project, and
EnterpriseDB is at the forefront of making PostgreSQL successful in
enterprises of all sizes. Key to making our customers successful is a world
class consulting organization. We are looking to hire great people to keep
up with the pace of our customers. We are looking for a customer facing
person who can work on site and remotely with clients to deliver
EnterpriseDB technical services. This includes understanding their
business, developing recommendations, coding, and delivering training where
appropriate. The ideal candidate has a strong blend of people skills and in
depth knowledge of database deployments, and has the ability to organize
weak or vaguely constructed customer requirements, and turn them into
successful engagements with the customer. Communication skills, both
written and verbal are as important as technical skills. In addition to
delivering technical services, this person in this role will provide
feedback to sales and sales engineering for new business opportunities, as
well as working with development engineering on helping to define the
evolution of our products. This position requires significant travel.

*Responsibilities:*

- Evaluate customer deployments of PostgreSQL, Postgres Plus and
Postgres Plus Advanced Server and make recommendations on how to improve
them.
- Work to develop Services proposals to achieve customer needs/targets.
- Familiarity with programming languages like C, C++, PHP, python, Java
or Ruby to guide customers in the development of custom Postgres-based
applications
- Deliver PostgreSQL Postgres Plus and Postgres Plus Advanced Server
courses over the web and on site.
- Perform database Migrations from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL to
PostgreSQL
- Performance tune and make performance tuning recommendations to
existing database deployments
- Set up High Availability configurations using PostgreSQL
- Implement backup strategies and performs upgrades and patching
- Develop architectures to migrate data and entire databases; implement
and deliver on the architecture migrating databases

*Qualifications:*

- Have a Bachelor or Masters of Science in Computer Science/Computer
Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least three years of DBA level experience for PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Be well versed in SQL
- Be familiar with database design and building applications for
PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other databases
- General system administration and performance skills for Linux,
(Ubuntu, Centos, Redhat, or Debian), including facility with scripting.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows.
- Have strong time management skills, and the ability to balance
multiple coincident demands.
- Must be able to travel up to 60%+
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills

*Preferred Skills:*

- Working directly with customers
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Proficient with PostgreSQL community version and PostgreSQL Plus
Advanced Server (PPAS) commercial version installation and configuration
- Proficient with PostgreSQL /PPAS tools EDB’s PostgreSQL Enterprise
Manager (PEM), EDB’s Backup and Recovery Tool (BART)
- Proficient with database tuning and use of PostgreSQL tools such as
PgBadger, EDB’s PgStatsPack, EDB’s DRITA
- Proficient with PostgreSQL replication technologies Binary Streaming
Replication, EDB’s xDB Replication, Logical Replication via Slony, Londiste
- Proficient with PostgreSQL architecture
- Proficient with PostgreSQL networking, HBA and connection pooling
(PgBouncer, PgPool) Working knowledge of OLTP/DSS/DW system design
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, BASH, KSH, Python, Perl etc.
- Have experience deploying open source software
- Working with virtual teams and from remote office locations

Eric Meyer

Sr Corporate Recruiter

EnterpriseDB

Work = 603-893-1000