Re: Running PostgreSQL in a Xen DomU?

From: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
To: Thomas Harold <tgh(at)tgharold(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Running PostgreSQL in a Xen DomU?
Date: 2006-09-14 15:33:22
Lists: pgsql-general

My database needs are probably less than yours, but I've had zero
issues running postgres inside a domU. I'm not using SAN, but instead
DRBD to replicate data at the block level between dom0s. I haven't
tried migrating the domU from one machine to another without
rebooting it, but the shutdown/move/startup process works quite well
for me.

I had some concerns that xen's virtual disk i/o speed wouldn't be
fast enough... but my database performance has never been bad enough
that I had to actually see how fast my domU can do i/o.