Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag

From: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: Amit Khandekar <amit(dot)khandekar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag
Date: 2013-11-22 10:44:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 21 November 2013, Amit Khandekar <amit(dot)khandekar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com<mailto:amit(dot)khandekar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>> wrote:
>Ok. we will then first fix the \COPY TO issue where it does not revert back the overriden psql output file handle. Once this is solved, fix for both COPY FROM and COPY TO, like how it is done in the patch earlier (copydefectV2.patch).

I analyzed the solution to fix \COPY TO issue but unfortunately I observed that do_copy is already resetting the value of cur_cmd_source and queryFout but before that itself result status is printed. So we'll have to reset the value before result status is being displayed.

So as other alternative solutions, I have two approaches:

1. We can store current file destination queryFout in some local variable and pass the same to SendQuery function as a parameter. Same can be used to reset the value of queryFout after return from ProcessResult

From all other callers of SendQuery , we can pass NULL value for this new parameter.

2. We can add new structure member variable FILE *prevQueryFout in structure "struct _psqlSettings", which hold the value of queryFout before being changed in do_copy. And then same can be used to reset value in SendQuery or ProcessResult.

Please let me know which approach is OK or if any other approach suggested.
Based on feedback I shall prepare the new patch and share the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi