Re: Column Specific Update Trigger Routine

From: "Plugge, Joe R(dot)" <JRPlugge(at)west(dot)com>
To: Justin Graf <justin(at)magwerks(dot)com>, "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Column Specific Update Trigger Routine
Date: 2010-05-06 21:02:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

This is what I have and it seems to work:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION holly_unlock() RETURNS trigger
LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $$
BEGIN
IF OLD.password != NEW.password
THEN
UPDATE hms_mtusers_rw set loginfailedcount = 0 WHERE userid = OLD.userid and ownerid = OLD.ownerid;
RETURN NEW;
END IF;

RETURN NULL; -- result is ignored since this is an AFTER trigger
END;
$$;

Thanks !!